Date(s) - Thursday, January 15, 2015
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Butte des Morts Country Club
Thomas Myers and Tim Nettesheim
Reinhart Boemer Van Deuren S.C. will be presenting:
“Negotiations, Getting What You Want”
GETTING WHAT YOU WANT THROUGH NEGOTIATIONS:
PROVEN PROCESSES, STRATEGIES AND TACTICS
Every one of us negotiates far more than we imagine, whether with our kids to get them to do their homework, with our boss for a raise, or with an adversary in a multi-million dollar transaction. This presentation will introduce you to the processes, strategies and tactics used by skilled negotiators to get what they want and will show how to use those processes, strategies and tactics to become a better negotiator.
Attendees at this hands-on workshop will participate in negotiating exercises to enhance the learning process. The principal topics covered will include:
- Avoiding the Snags – sidestepping obstacles to success.
- Basic Negotiating Truths – you must know them and their implications to improve results.
- The Language of Negotiation – you can’t tell the players without a scorecard.
- The Negotiation Process – its starts and ends with preparation.
- Conducting a Negotiation – there’s more to this than meets the eye.
- Distributive Negotiations – how to get your fair share of the pie.
- Integrative Negotiations – how to make the pie bigger and then get a bigger piece.
- Overcoming Frequently Encountered Barriers to Getting What You Want – strategies to defeat commonly used tactics.
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions.