Date(s) - Wednesday, March 23, 2016
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Holiday Inn Select-Appleton
Senior Managers’ Program
March 23, 2016
Keynote Speaker: Don Rheem
“Employee Engagement & Productivity: Proven Techniques to Radically Improve Your Bottom Line”
Don Rheem comes to us from Washington, D.C. to discuss the significant benefits that come form increasing the level of engagement employees bring to work every day. Employees come to work with discretionary effort – and Don will show us, based on the latest research, how to elicit the powerful shift in employee behavior that is constantly linked with productivity gains exceeding 40 percent.
About Don Rheem:
Don Rheem is a founding partner of Engagient the best-in-class provider of employee workplace metrics that enable organizations to build high performance cultures. A former science advisor to Congress and the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Don shares with clients a grounded and empirically validated methodology to get employees more engaged and better positioned for success targeted at the bottom-line. A former White House correspondent, award winning journalist and public affairs executive, he now counsels clients on employee engagement and performance management issues based on the proven Engagient model. Donald Rheem has more than 30 years of experience helping clients derive more value and impact from every day business functions. His clients include senior executives with the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, The National Institutes for Health (NIH), Smithfield Foods, Major League Baseball, Bank of America, The Discovery Channel, Lexis-Nexis, Green Mountain Coffee and many other national bands and non-profits. He has coached more than 30 U.S. Senators, royalty, and hundreds of CEOs in the private and non-profit sectors. Don has worked with more than 450 Vistage groups throughout North America, often receiving the highest evaluation scores in the history of the chapters he has addressed. His seminars are frequently ranked as “the most valuable training I have ever received” by participants. Background experience includes:
- Served as a print, radio, and television correspondent with beats in the White House, and covering science, technology, and politics. Former Bureau Chief of a television news division in Washington, D.C.
- Served as a Science Advisor to the Secretary of Health and Human Services, handling a wide range of health and science policy issues including programs at the CDC, NIH, and the FDA. Managed the White House Cabinet Counsel activities for the Secretary.
- Served as a technical consultant (staff position) to the Science & Technology Committee in the U.S. House of Representatives, advising members on public policy issues, including: basic scientific research (including oversight of the NIH and the National Science Foundation).
- Acknowledged as a leading media and communication expert, with Fortune 500 clients nationwide.
- Strong public sector presence with consulting assignments at the National Institutes of Health, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the U.S. Senate, and the Departments of Energy and Interior, among others.
Don and Kathryn live just outside of Washington, DC. They have two daughters, a graduate student in international affairs and a college senior majoring in studio art. Like many of us, his family roots have a strong entrepreneurial flavor. His great grandfather was an oilman, built the first refinery on the West coast before becoming President of Standard Oil of California. His grandfather and grand uncles started selling oil drums to Standard Oil and built that enterprise into Rheem Manufacturing – still one of the largest manufacturers of water heaters and air conditioners in the world. Kathryn is a Couple and Family therapist in private practice and has her own company working with the military to assist soldiers and Marines return more successfully to civilian family life.