This individual will provide consulting to project teams on technical design requirements. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions.
- Lead overall network and voice architecture, design, and implementation
- Engineering solutions for various projects and operational needs including the creation of all necessary support and maintenance documentation.
- Install new / reconfigure existing routers, switches, firewalls and other type of equipment required for the secure and reliable operation of the communications infrastructure in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Provide direction and oversight to the network administrator(s) in the completion of their daily tasks.
- Develop and implement strategies for continued automation of network operations and monitoring.
- Improve the ability to deliver daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, communications resources, reviewing logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Drive capacity and availability planning to ensure adequate communications resources are always available.
- Develop and maintain documentation along with IT policies/procedures, including those for infrastructure design, security, and business continuity.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Monitor communications invoices and SLAs to ensure services are delivered within contract terms.
- Keep current with latest technologies to identify opportunities and leverage appropriate technology solutions that support business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent specializing in Computer Science or Information systems and 8-10 years progressively increasing responsibility in computer operations, systems administration, and systems engineering.
- Experience with large scale communications infrastructure including design, implementation and management of a large MPLS utilizing numerous connection types along with local network from datacenter to edge devices.
- Extensive understanding of network concepts (IP addressing, subnetting, QoS, VLANs, DNS, routing, switching, firewall, and security.)
- Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies and management platforms.
- Strong familiarity with current storage technologies including SAN and NAS.
- Ability to convey technical topics to a people with various levels of technical understanding.
- The ability to work both independently and within multiple teams concurrently.
- Experience writing technical design documents, specifications, test, and implementation plans.
To apply contact Bob Burger – 414.520.8859 or bob@RBurgerassociates.com