While my TEC groups perform this business review at the beginning of the year, given the state of the economy it is prudent to revisit this again.
Situation Analysis: (The Current Reality)
- Lessons learned in the past year are:
- What decisions would I/we have changed in the past year?
- How successful have I/we been in achieving goals and objectives?
Strategic Analysis: (Where, What, Why)
- What is my vision?
- Our “Why”? (This will usually embrace all elements of your business and should be consistent with your personal goals, purpose and values.)
- Our corporate mission is:
- Our values and behaviors are:
- Forces driving change in our industry are:
- Our three most direct competitors are:
- Our major strengths are:
- Our major weaknesses are:
- These major threats confront us:
- These major opportunities are available to us:
- Our critical success factors that have made us successful to date are:
When this business review is completed, running this past a peer group can result in a very dynamic discussion.