Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I know which TEC group is right for me?
A: Every TEC Chair knows the profile of his/her group in detail. TEC helps you find a group that’s best for you — a group with members who have mutual business interests and where the size and complexities of the businesses are similar to your own.
Q: What is the most important qualification for TEC membership?
A: You must be a CEO, president or head of an independent operating division of your company (i.e., a general manager or executive vice president slated to become president).
Q: How long must I commit to TEC?
A: Once you join, we ask you to consider remaining a member for at least one year, although this is not mandatory. Membership dues are billed monthly.
Q: What if I develop a business conflict with another member of my group?
A: Your Chair works with you and the other member to resolve the conflict. If this doesn’t work, you can elect to be assigned to another TEC group in your area.
Q: What if I choose not to accept a fellow TEC member’s advice on an issue I bring to my group?
A: This is entirely your prerogative. You are not obligated to any considerations affecting your company as a result of your TEC membership. However, you will find that you actually implement many ideas learned through your TEC experience.
Q: What if I’m unable to relate to my TEC Chair?
A: That’s not a problem. Just ask and TEC will assign you to a new Chair.
Q: What are my major membership obligations?
A: There are just a few important ones:
- Attend 80 percent of your scheduled TEC meetings and remain for the full duration of the meeting
- Willingly participate at each meeting to help your fellow TEC members and receive help in return
- Honor your “one-on-one” appointments prior to each meeting with your TEC Chair
- Hold any information learned at a TEC meeting about another member or his/her company in the strictest confidence
- Promptly pay your TEC invoice when it arrives each month
Q: What happens if I leave TEC?
A: Unless otherwise requested, you enroll automatically in TEC’s Alumni Program. This keeps you in touch with TEC by a variety of means with several specifically-defined alumni benefits.