Do you want to make a difference in the dynamic field of health care? Are you passionate about helping employers provide high quality, affordable health benefits to their employees? Are you a talented team leader? This senior leadership position with The Alliance may be the right opportunity for you!
This Vice President-level position will be responsible for directing the work of both business development/sales and member services and will be a direct contributor to the sales function. The right candidate will be an experienced and passionate leader of people, empowering a team to deliver exceptional customer service. As a customer-centric organization, the roles of business development and member services are of critical importance to membership growth and retention and ultimately, to our ability to achieve our mission. Of equal importance is your ability to communicate, build relationships and work collaboratively with other members of the Alliance team.
Our Vice President of Business Development and Member Services will:
- Actively participate in the sales process, involving other members of the organization as needed.
- Ensure our sales processes are structured appropriately to achieve membership growth goals as well as an exceptional, high-touch consultative customer/member experience.
- Develop and execute strategic sales plans, including effective approaches to identify, support, monitor and manage external distribution channels.
- Provide leadership to design, implement and monitor the member services function, including the scope of our offering (what we do), processes (by what means and methods) and standards (to achieve quality and satisfaction goals).
- Lead the sales and member services teams, ensuring clear roles, goals and objectives and seamless transitions for customers as they move from prospect to member
- Work collaboratively with all other Alliance functional areas
- Serve as a primary voice of the customer to identify, communicate and champion employer needs throughout The Alliance.
Our requirements include:
- Impeccable integrity
- A bachelor’s degree plus five years of relevant experience
- A successful personal track record in a strategic, consultative sales role, plus at least three years of team leadership experience
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
In addition, demonstrated expertise in health benefits and/or self-funding plus solid relationships with employer-sponsored health benefit business partners will make you an even stronger candidate for this position.
To be considered for this important role, please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
About The Alliance
The Alliance® is a not-for profit, employer-owned cooperative whose mission is to move health care forward by controlling costs, improving quality and engaging individuals in their health. Our owners include over 240 employers in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa who provide health benefits to more than 80,000 employees and their families. Together, we are using our role as purchasers of health care to make a positive difference in the market.