Operation Professional with over 20 years’ experience in manufacturing and lean system management. Strong background in leadership, team building, lean, project management, strategic planning, plant and material management, quality, and cost reduction.
Director of Operations 2014 to Present- Responsible for human resources, manufacturing, production scheduling, materials management, quality control, and manufacturing engineering for a $30 million division with 100 non-union employees
- Developed the resources and infrastructure to support revenue growth from $12m to $30m in 5 years. While increasing profit from ($500K) to $3.5M
- Direct manufacturing process improvements, set-up time reductions, and purchasing initiative which save $1m in 2015.
- Direct lean manufacturing concepts and initiatives to eliminate waste and increase efficiency. These efforts resulted in a 20% reduction in lead time and a 40% increase in on time delivery.
- Significant Partner in long term planning executive team, planning 3 to 5 year business objectives and goals geared towards operational excellence.
- Implement internal Quality Process Audits to ensure product quality in a proactive manner. This has improved Total Cost of Quality from 25% to less than 8% of sales
- Manage outside sales for one large account (3 million in revenue)
- Execute costing and Labor analysis for large opportunities
- Use analytical thinking to make critical decisions and solve real time business issues
Operations Manager 2008 to 2014
- Institute a 6S program to improve efficiency, effectiveness and safety through establishing shadow boards, elimination of unnecessary equipment, tolls, and products, as well as correcting any unsafe conditions.
- Project Management to complete relocation of manufacturing facilities on 3 occasions while maintaining 95% on time delivery
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams to continuously improve manufacturing processes and reduce lead time
- Instrumental in ISO 9001 registration and certification
- Achieved Lyall internal Lean Green Belt certificate
- Analyzed monthly cell metrics to establish rapid improvement schedules
- Converted 90% of shop floor team members to yellow belt status
- Managed effectiveness and efficiency of support services
- Payroll Management
Production Manager 2003 to 2008
- Analyzed production rates to establish production schedules
- Allocated resources within production area to meet customer requirements
- Established Maintenance process and implement
- Estimated Costs and set quality standards
- Ensured all products were built to customer satisfaction’s
- Supervised and Motivated team members
- Promoted continuous improvement on the shop floor
- Maintained a safe and clean work environment
- Team Building
- Team Leadership
- Microsoft Office
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean Manufacturing
- Strategic Planning
- Outside Sales Key Account Management
- Basic accounting
- Project Management
- Cross-functional Team leadership
- Inside/Outside Sales
Contact Emeran Leonard for more information on this applicant: firstname.lastname@example.org / 414.403.8098